Renyuan Zou （邹任远）
My past projects and my career show my serious and responsible. Curious, persevering, with strong responsibility and team conscious, and with a capacity to adapt, I have a very strong willingness to be involved in new projects.
Building user-friendly applications is always my design and development objective.
ImmoOne, Full stack Developer (Laravel + Vue.js)
Mar. 2017 - present
- Implementation an activity feed timeline with querying optimization.
- Using Vue.js to build a mailing system interface.
RendezvousCheznous, Web Developer
Nov. 2015 - Oct. 2016
- Server-side (PHP Symfony 2):
- Oauth2 integration of Facebook and Google accounts for users.
- Geocoding micro-service using Google API and a cache system implementation for geocoded data.
- Multi-pricing for products(tourism and travel-related services) on the platform.
- Discount on products and promotion code integration.
- Admin interface updates for ease-use and custom querying.
- Client-side (HTML5 / CSS3 / jQuery):
- Participated the responsive interface rework of the whole site.
- Updating the landing page for a new design.
Ricetorun.com, Chinese food delivery platform in France, Owner
March 2015 - present
This is a side-project made to help Chinese who live in France find delicious Chinese style restaurants and order food online. I’ve started this project in order to test my coding skills and see how far I can get to as a developer and product owner as well. I used some recent technologies such as:
- Ruby on Rails to build backend. Rails is no longer a recent backend framework but something I really love. It gives me a productive, efficient and funny way to write server-side code.
- React to build user interface.
- Docker to deploy my application to DigitalOceans VPS.
Things I have tried:
- Using ActionCable, new feature in Rails 5 to easily build real-time communication over WebSockets, to make real-time notification when order’s status changes.
- Writing API endpoints with Rails 5 API mode.
- Making deployment easy by packing Rails application, nginx, postgresql, redis into docker and monitoring using Slack bot notification, which saved me days and money to deploy.
Ruby gems heavily used in the project:
Rails 5 (for sure), Devise (Authentication), minitest (Testing), sidekiq (Background jobs), aasm (State Machine), activeadmin (Admin Interface), carrierwave (Files uploading), etc..
A basic and clean Jekyll blog theme. (btw. this blog is using Leonids theme)
- 2013-2016, Master degree, MIAGE (or Business Informatics), University of Aix-Marseille, France.
- 2011-2013, Licence degree, Economics and management, University of Aix-Marseille, France.
- Server-Side & Database
****Ruby (Ruby on Rails)